Pages

Monday, June 21, 2010

why i am so bad at blogging.

Umm. I'm not sure if there is even a real answer to that question. haha.

Seriously. I cannot believe my time here in Florida is already half-way over. It is seriously insane! It's already June 21st. So crazy! But it's good. The first month that I was here in Orlando I was having trouble adjusting. I thought that everything was just going to be super fun, but it was harder than I expected. I was working all the time and had trouble finding friends that had the same standards as I did. I was really homesick and wanted to come home really bad, but I am so glad that I didn't. This past month has been what I came here for. I have made some awesome friends and am liking work for the most part. It's so fun to just go to the parks whenever you want. It's nice to be able to go and not feel obligated to stay the whole day, just a couple of hours here and there. It is really hot here. Like really hot. My body is going through whiplash, Houston, Provo, Orlando, Provo. Haha. We also have thunderstorms like all the time here. It's so great being a lifeguard.... we close pretty much everyday; But I have to act like it is the most horrible thing ever.. haha.

It's been a filled weekend, Saturday was my sister, Kelli's Birthday! So exciting! I'm so sad that I wasn't in Utah to celebrate with her! I decided that when I get back in August we are going to go to a Birthday dinner :]

Saturday was also my cousin, David's Birthday. He turned nineteen! On Saturday he went through the temple and was set apart as a missionary for our church. On Wednesday he will enter the Missionary Training Center and be gone for 2 years serving the people of Sacramento, California. I am so excited for him. It's going to be a great experience!

Yesterday was Father's Day as most people know... and I just wanted to send a shout out to my awesome Dad even though I don't think he reads this... But anyways! I have an awesome Dad. He is one of the nicest people I know. I honestly can't remember a time where he ever got angry with me or raised his voice at me. He does so much for our family and I love him so much! Happy Father's Day!

Expect updates with some awesome pictures coming soon! I miss everyone!

1 comments:

Sister Holly Larson said...

So glad to see that you are back to writing. Also, it is good to hear that you've found your comfort zone in Florida. Can't say I am "excited" about the weather as you describe it : ) See you soon!

Post a Comment